Re: brake clip concensus

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: brake clip concensus
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:33:49 -0800 (PST)
--- Guy Weller <Guy.Weller@kencomp.net> wrote:
RE:
> The wheel cylinder cannot go anywhere - it is
> contained within the revolving wheel drum so, unless
your wheel falls off first, and then the drum, the
> cylinder is going to stay put anyway.> The cylinder
is fastened to the backplate to keep itfrom rattling
to allow for accurate brake adjustment.
 Whatever the fastening method, it never actually
> gets a great deal ofloading

Good thought. As I grind away at the "e" clips (that
still seem massive for the space) and search from
store to store for thin (really thin)washers,  the
bread-bag twist tie seems to be calling my name. But
no, I must resist and go for the best, and closest to
original equipment I can possibly do.

Nothing short of perfection will suffice. I mean, who
would stoop to an adulterated repair when the original
design is so simple, so elegant so "right."

Now if I cut out the centers of the "e" clips and
stick them in place with JB weld, they will look
almost original, and should hold for awhile. Then if I
ever sell it I can join the ranks of DPO's and hold my
head up high and carry on the tradition of
"transitional" modifications for the sake of
expediency and originality.

With apologies to the purists among us and the
non-purists who may still be rational,

cheers, bill b.
(another slow day at work) :-)