clutch part II

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch part II
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 17:59:59 -0500
Thanks for all the suggestions, this is what I've found, so far.
I thought I had air in the line, so I used a pressure bleeder to try and get
it all out. I ran about a quart through it and didn't see air bubbles.
Perhaps some air is still in the line? I pulled the slave cyl push rod all the
way out until the release bearing was touching the pressure plate then had my
daughter pump the pedal a few times. First I removed the boot so I could see
what was going on, the piston moves out an inch or so, then goes back in when
the pedal is released, like it's being sucked back. Seems to me it should move
out and stay until the slack is taken up.

Thanks again,