Rear axle bearings

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Rear axle bearings
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 23:40:07 EST
I just took a pair of rear hubs apart. Came from of  box of random extra
stuff in the garage. Tapped the bearings out and am soaking the hubs in
degreaser.
The bearings feel OK, turn freely and no wobble. Is this a good enough test?

How should I clean up the bearings? I was thinking of a an overnight soaking
in a fresh batch of degreaser and then blowing them dry.

What grease should I use to repack them?

I saw a post a while back about using some sort of lock tite when I put the
bearings back in, sorry I didn't save that one.

David Oliner