Re: Wiper Motor for '68 Spridget 2 Blade System

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>, "James Gruber" <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Wiper Motor for '68 Spridget 2 Blade System
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 18:49:40 -0000
Cc: "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Now I would expect the USA 3-blade wipers to move through a smaller arc than
a 2-blade system.

One helpful modification of a 2-blade system anyway is to increase the arc
covered from 110 to 120 degrees.   This is done by using gear from another
LBC (cannot remember which, a mini maybe).  The gear itself is usually
stamped with the number of degrees swept.
At the least this compensates for wear in the wiper arms & blades which
tends to leave an unswept "gap" between the area covered by the two blades.
Daniel covers the point in his book.

Guy