Re: Compression Question & Calculating Camber Volume

To: "Jackson Zimmermann" <JZIMMERM@albemarle.org>
Subject: Re: Compression Question & Calculating Camber Volume
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:31:13 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Vizard's book has excellent instructions for computing the CR as well as
tables of values for the volumes of the various 'forgotten' volumes that
need to be added into the calculation. (like between piston and cylinder
wall above the first ring).

For my next rebuild of the turbo motor I'm coating the valves, combustion
chambers, and the insides of the intake and exhaust headers.  This reduces
the tendency to pre-ignite by lowering the heat of all the involved
surfaces.

With a 0.040 overbore, block decked to piston height, 23cc CC volume and a
13cc dish, I'm looking at about 8.7 to 1 for 91 octane.  For a non-turbo
motor, I'd check Vizard's book.  Its my new bible, residing on the coffee
table for light evening reading.
Glen