Re: more scams/purchase of car my "international" buyer

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: more scams/purchase of car my "international" buyer
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 14:32:07 -0600
> People are smarter than you give them credit for.

Fred,
I hate to say it, but people are not nearly so smart as you give them credit
for. Look at all the people out there who do not own Spridgets!!!
I have seen too many people believe these scams. I would like to believe
that everyone on this list is smarter than that, but I don't know all of you
that well ;-)
Besides, don't under-estimate the entertainment value of a ludicrous scam
attempt.
BTW, while we are almost on the topic, what is with all of these junk emails
I have been getting with subject lines consisting of nonsensical strings of
un-related words? Some kind of a vocabulary lesson gone awry? I am not going
to open them to find out, but they have piqued my curiosity. It looks to me
as if someone is being paid piece-work for sending out bulk mailings with no
regard as to whether they have any effect or not, so they ahev a "feature"
on their mailer that generates random strings of actual words so that they
don't have to come up with a real subject line...
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget