MGB Cam and idle problems

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: MGB Cam and idle problems
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:51:36 -0500
I know this isn't the MGB list, but you guys know everything about
everything.  Plus we have tons of vendors on this list that may know the
part numbers.

I cannot get my B to idle well.
I bought this at the last winter to be my daily driver.
I do believe that the problem is the cam in this rebuilt engine.
I bought this car because of the very complete rebuild on the engine.   I
have reset the timing down to something reasonable and that I don't have to
buy cam3 racing fuel.  However it never has idled well.  With the lower idle
speed and more reasonable timing, I can't get it to idle well

Does anyone know what a DEL-671 KC Fast Street Cam is???

At one point on the build sheet it is listed as a Rally Cam, at another
point of as a street cam.  And the third lists it as the part above.

I cannot get the Weber DGEV to idle at all, and at this point I think the
cam has too much overlap to idle smooth at a decent rpm.

Anyone have the specs on this cam or any ideas how to get adjust the carb to
idle???

Thanks,
Bill