Re: Pertronix Wires ?... was Which Pertronix?

To: "bugeye@yahoogroups.com" <bugeye@yahoogroups.com>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>, "midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com"<midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, Jim Rogers <jarplanner@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Pertronix Wires ?... was Which Pertronix?
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 22:54:52 -0600
 Jim
 The instructions for the ML-141,ML-161 & ML-181
  read as follows.
  The red wire must be connected to the pos side
  of the coil or 12 volt (+) switched power source.
  The black wire must be connected to the neg (-)
  side of the coil.
  Also to note All four cylinder negines require a
  minimum of 3.0 ohms of resistance.
  let us know if you have any more trouble.

  Larry Rex

From Jim Rogers <jarplanner at cox.net>

Well, no luck with Pertronix tech support  or the 800 number. They are
always too busy to answer phone, and I cannot have them call me at work
phone during day, yada, yada. However, from responses by listers, and
the internet research I have done, it appears the Pertronix unit in the
Aldon dizzy is either a LU143 or 144, one being 'fixed points' and the
other 'sliding points'. Both units work fine in the Aldon, so I think I
am okay with installing the whole unit.

The Pertronix unit has 2 wires (1 red & 1 black).. I assume (very, very
dangerous I know) that one wire connects to coil (red?) and one to
ground (black?). Can anyone confirm this or correct me? Car is negative
ground, btw.

Thanks again,
Jim Rogers
San Juan Capistrano, CA