Re: Wood Dash

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wood Dash
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:13:24 EST
In a message dated 3/21/04 10:02:59 PM, marinaratt@hotmail.com writes:

> Anybody out there ever run into a '59 MKI with a wood dash made of either
> figured gum or dark English walnut. The custom dash was in the shape and
> with the instrument configuration of the original. The original paint color
> was Old English White but was pained over with '66 Corvette Yellow. Last
> know location was in Northern California, Marin County. Sold it long ago and
> was wondering if it was out there surviving somewhere. One in a million
> shot.

If it was right hand drive, I might just be able to help you.   A guy who
used to be a member of the San Diego Club has something similar to what you
describe restored in the early 1990's by him to a RHD Old English White.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"