Clutch Slave Issues

To: kidjoevid@yahoo.com
Subject: Clutch Slave Issues
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 07:28:35 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
In light of the numerous questions that appear here regularly re. Spridget
Clutch's and Hydraulics before I change out the slave I'd for sure be certain
that you don't have air in the clutch line. Time after time we see the same
message posted about needed to put positive pressure on the clutch MC resevoir
to get air out of the line and fluid over the hump. Try the simple stuff before
you immediately jump to the conclusion that the slave is bad. My local LBC
mechanic feels that rebuilding MC yourself is almost impossible to do without
scratching bore and thereby ruining the Clutch master. Possible that the MC is
now toast.

Who had that link re. building your own pressurized bleeder system for $25.00.
It's on my PC at home. Please repost for this lister. Try this first before
pulling the slave cylinder. Bugsy came with the wrong clutch slave and a
smoothcase. Slave was a b----- to install plus needed to grind engine plate to
allow proper later clutch slave to line up properly. I spent days trying to get
fluid out of lines and ended up putting a vacumn on the clutch slave blleder
valve to get the air out and the fluid up and over the hump.

Do you Yahoo!?