Re: Hazard circuit diagnosis

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Hazard circuit diagnosis
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 10:41:45 -0800
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
I have a 1979 California harness in my car, which may make a difference.
1. Tracing the green circuit from the fusebox made more sense - you're
right, that's just the power feed to the turn signals. I took the switch
out of the circuit and shorted these two sockets and I had turn signals.
I checked continuity at the switch, pins 7 and 8, and it was there. I
checked continuity between pin 3 and pins 1&2 - none when the switch is
off, and continuity when the switch is on. so I cleaned the contacts
again, and bingo, it worked!

2. I don't have a light green/purple wire. The Hazards flash the in-dash
repeaters (via green/red and green/white)

Thanks for your help! :)

-=Chris