Speedo Markings-Which one is which? Telling them apart.

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Speedo Markings-Which one is which? Telling them apart.
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 05:08:10 -0800 (PST)
Located a speedo from a '70 Spridget with a 3.9 rear end. Unfortunately it's
located across the pond in England. Price is right and shipping is reasonable,
so its doable.  In my search for a correct speedo to fit Bugsy here's what I've
been using as a reference info sent from Paul A..

"Typically 1472 is on a 4.22 dif car and 1410 on a 3.9 dif car.

Not sure what's on a 3.7 dif car, but might be close to 1376."

Bugsy's speedo reads 1376 and I believe it came from a '75 Midget making it a
speedo calibrated for a 3.7 rear end,

The speedo for sale reads 1280 on the bottom right corner of the face plate. So
are British Miles and U.S. Miles calculated differently. I thought the only
measurement difference was U.S. to Imperial Gallons. Car definitely has a 3.9
rear end. The question is will this speedo work and be calibrated as 5,280' per
mile?

Right now with the 3.7 speedo, at 45 speedo reads 60+, at 70 speedo is buried
at 90+. Now either I've got the world's fastest Sprite, unlikly at this point,
or this is really the wrong speedo.

Anyone got a correct speedo for a 3.9 read end they want to sell or trade for a
working speedo for a 3.7 rear end.