Gas Gauge Woes

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Gas Gauge Woes
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:43:17 -0800 (PST)
Several people have been having problems with Gas Gauge issues lately trying to
figure out Sender Unit with Gas Gauge. There are several different senders
which need to match the gauge in order to make it all work correctly. One
sender has empty at 0 ohms resistance while the other sender has empty at 450
Ohms resistance. There is a lister on  here, I want to say Pete something but
my memory is failing, that has a rather detailed explanation on his web site on
how to diagnose gas gauge problems, differences in the various senders and gas
gauges, steps he took in trouble shooting, grounding, etc. Did anyone save this
link as it will probably help this guy diagnose the problems with fuel gauge.

I fixed my problems with a new sender and making sure tank was grounded
properly. Any problems are likely to be in the sender or grounding rather than
in the gauge itself.

Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH