Header Wrap....

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Header Wrap....
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2004 09:14:03 -0600
Hey guys.  Well, now that I'm  in Texas, the car is overheating.  Well
actually, it's not _overheating_, but it's getting hot enough for me to get
vapor lock at a light.  And these Austin lights can be 3 to 5 minutes long
(why is that?).  On the 1500's the SU float bowls are just above the header.

Any thoughts on a good wrap for a header to keep the heat down?  I know the
best way to wrap a header to prevent it from rotting away is to have it jet
coated.  But these things are already installed, and I'm not Frank.

I have a  heat shield, but that doesn't seem to work.  Should I maybe add
some insulation to it?  If so, what type?

I was thinking of adding a 12V computer fan with some black ductwork (ala
the heater ductwork) to help push fresh air into the engine compartment.

Tks,

Mike