Re: Like flowers that bloom in the spring, tra la!

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Like flowers that bloom in the spring, tra la!
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 06:36:32 -0500
"Oh bother the flowers of Spring"as the same song also says ;-)
BTW, that reminds me that PARIGASS (PArk RIdge Gilbert A Sullivan Society)
is putting on the Mikado (the source of the song quoted by Captain Rapture's
subject line). They do good work. Any Gilbert and Sullivan fans in driving
distance of Chicago should check out parigass.org for details. NFI, etc.
They are a non-profit group, but they put on the best G&S I have ever seen.
They do one production per year and they rotate through all 14 operettas.
Live orchestra and everything.

> I have the Rivergate kit and a stock slave.
> I added a return spring and all of a sudden the
> action becomes normal and adjustments work.

Given the robustness of the return spring on the fork itself inside the
bellhousing, I am surprised that this is necessary. I have the
Rivergate-supplied cylinder on mine. I will keep that in mind. I assume you
were having slippage problems? In the half-mile or so that I have driven
mine so far, everything appears reasonably normal ...
David Lieb