Re: ebay stuff (retarded bidders)

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ebay stuff (retarded bidders)
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2004 19:26:17 EDT
In a message dated 4/7/04 4:10:33 PM, 60bugeye@ev1.net writes:

> Some more stupid ****** ignorant e-bay bidders.  Surely, they know that you
> can buy a NEW windshield from M*** or other places for less than what this
> one is going for right now.  It is NOT a triplex so that leaves out the
> concours guys as far as paying for the markings and date code.  I am
> begining to belive that E-Bay must stand for  "leaving brains at
> home"..sheesh..
>
> Kind of interesting.   When we bought the last windshield we had to send two
back to M@@@ because they were the wrong thing.   Then we ordered from Vikki
and received the right windshield and a Triplex to boot.   Not purists, but
what the heck.   You are right about people going nuts on ebay for some
things.
Ebay has really hurt the (household) antique market in that stuff that was
really easy to sell can be had on ebay for half the price the shops charge for
it.   It's all supply and demand.   If people are dumb enough to buy it,
others
will be smart enough to sell it.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"