my 2 cents axle nut

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: my 2 cents axle nut
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 01:15:47 EDT
I don't remember where I got it ,but my notes say that the nut is 1.860
which, I believe is a Whitworth 1 1/8. (one and one-eighth). Anyone else come
across that number? One and seven-eighths is 1.875 so,--close enough! There is
wonderful page in one of the Haynes books which runs all the numbers in order
from small to big using Whitworth, Brit standard, metric, and SAE where you can
clearly see the difference between each. It runs to three decimal points. I
have no idea how to post it,--I'll talk with my daughter to see if she knows
how.OR,---I could snail mail it to someone on the list who could post it.
Later------Bob C