Re: 4 x 100m spridget spacer/adapter

To: <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 4 x 100m spridget spacer/adapter
Date: Fri, 7 May 2004 10:49:37 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Yes, that's the idea. That's why I went with the Miata wheels, as the
+45 mm offset (compared to the stock spridget 25mm [1"]) gave me room
for the lug nuts for attachment of the spacer/adapter. I've also made
the spacer with a hub-centric protrusion of 54mm for the hub-centric
Miata wheels. Other FWD wheels (Honda, VW) have larger hub centers, and
probably would work OK. There was a big debate in the Miata.net archives
about wether the Miata wheels are "truly" hub-centric, although some
Miata drivers report using other wheels without vibration problems.

BMW E30 wheels have only a +30mm offset, so I didn't have room for this
kind of spacer. They'd work OK if you just re-drilled your
hubs/axles/drums, and best with a 5mm spacer (and even then, the 14 x
6.5 "basketweave" wheel would be a tight fit.).

-=Chris

Chris King
http://home.comcast.net/~kvcbk/