RE: Was Can Am replica...now Seven/Bugeyes

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Was Can Am replica...now Seven/Bugeyes
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 15:39:20 -0700
RBHouston wrote: "Back in the early 80's ... I bought a rolling chassis for
a Lotus formula Ford, along with a Fiat 124.  I had visions of the twin cam
Fiat engine in the Lotus with motorcycle head and tail lights as I zoomed
around Waco, Texas."

Hmmm... Formula Ford chassis, Twin Cam engine, small hadlights... Hey,
that's my Lotus Seven!  8-)

Just a thought... Would a Lotus Twin Cam (or BDA)/Ford RS Escort Mk 1 four
speed tranny/diff fit in a Bugeye body without too much cutting around?
Anybody ever tried something similar?

JLC, just back from a "blat" with the Seven to Encinitas, where I saw a
couple of nice red Bugeyes and met with a couple of listers. 8-)