Re: Was Can Am replica...now Seven/Bugeyes

To: hobbycars@cox.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was Can Am replica...now Seven/Bugeyes
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 19:54:59 EDT
In a message dated 5/8/2004 4:43:45 PM Mountain Standard Time,
hobbycars@cox.net writes:
Just a thought... Would a Lotus Twin Cam (or BDA)/Ford RS Escort Mk 1 four
speed tranny/diff fit in a Bugeye body without too much cutting around?
Anybody ever tried something similar?
.

Must be possible.  I seem to remember a suggestion that the Ford Cortina was
a good swap for the sprite.  It was something I read in an old Road and Track,
or maybe Sports Car Graphic, back when everyone worked on their cars and they
had a technical section that answered reader's questions.

Robert Houston
Texan in New Mexico
73 Midget

"I'm not all that sold on the idea of becoming the poor man's Cher" J. Joplin