MOT failure :(

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: MOT failure :(
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 12:47:16 +0100
Ironically, we failed the MOT, but not on any work that I've done.  Even
passed emissions with flying colours.  The rear brakes don't work!  Like
carbs, drum brakes are new to me so there's a learning curve (again!).

The tester seemed to think it could be seized pistons.  Myself, I lean
towards the rear hose.  What are the chances of both left and right
pistons being seized?  ;)

Plan of action is to open a brake, undo the bleed screw, pump the pedal
and see what comes out.  If nothing, I'm assuming blocked hose.
Actually, bleeding the system wouldn't hurt...

Is this reasonable?  Do I need to look at the master cylinder given that
the fronts work?

PS Those of you with good memories will remember when I bought this car
and came by with some initial thoughts, I commented on the crappiness of
the brakes.  "He's just not used to a servo-less system", they said...
:)