Quick question on cooling, thermostats, and electric fans

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quick question on cooling, thermostats, and electric fans
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 13:18:16 -0500
Hey all.

Please respond directly as I'm on the digest for a while.

Midget 1500 with twin HS4s, 285 cam, .30 over, head work, 13 row oil cooler,
and headers..

As I mentioned a while back, I'm having trouble with the car getting hot
here in Tx, which is causing vapor lock.

I'm re-installing the original 3 row staggered radiator, and standard water
pump with an electric fan.

1)       should I wire the fan straight to the ignition so that it runs when
the key is in the "on" position whether or not it needs it and let the
thermostat control the temp (similar to the original fan) or put a
temperature switch in?  Where can I get one and what type?

2)       what temp thermostat should I use?  I don't remember what I had,
but it's pretty corroded.

3)       50/50 antifreeze and water with Water wetter, correct?

That's it.

Tks,

Mike