Re: Quick question on cooling, thermostats, and electric fans

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Quick question on cooling, thermostats, and electric fans
Date: Sat, 15 May 2004 20:04:36 +0100
On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 01:18:16PM -0500, Michael Graziano wrote:
> Hey all.
>

> Please respond directly as I'm on the digest for a while.
>

> Midget 1500 with twin HS4s, 285 cam, .30 over, head work, 13 row oil cooler,
> and headers..
>

> As I mentioned a while back, I'm having trouble with the car getting hot
> here in Tx, which is causing vapor lock.

FWIW, my 1500 stopped overheating after I set the ignition timing and
tuned the carbs.  I overhauled the cooling system which was in a right
state, but I'm not sure how much that may have helped the temperature.
Oh yeah, and cleaning the expansion tank nozzle with a piece of wire
helped as well.  :)

But then it's not as warm in the UK as Texas (although last couple of
days have been rather promising)!