carb parts ID. Green for the Front, Pink\red for the Rear?

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: carb parts ID. Green for the Front, Pink\red for the Rear?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 01:20:01 -0700
I am rebuilding my Sprite's Carbies and even with my most through
organizational system, I have front and rear carb parts mixed up. I
logically looked at everything and if someone can confirm my findings I
would be very greatful.

The Moss rebuild kit includes parts for both front and rear carbs. From my
fiddling it seems the green labeled parts (jet & float adaptor) belong to
the front carb. The pink\red labeled parts to the rear. (red on the right,
like the starboard side of a ship)

If you get the parts on the wrong carb it seems the enrichener linkages
don't quite work, and the float chamber angle relative to the carb body is
not correct, so it seems very important (float level and all).

Thanks for the help as usual.

Toby
Slowly getting the project back on track.
1969 Austin Healey Sprite