Re: FW: Fit problems

To: "Simon.Bosworth" <Simon.Bosworth@target.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Fit problems
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 19:09:06 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Simon.Bosworth wrote:

> I had a frustrating weekend trying to get things to fit (usually in
> inaccessible places) on my Midget. The first was the lower gearbox mount
> of the Rivergate 5-speed kit.

I cut a 5" square hole in the center tunnel floor to gain access to the
speedo cable and rear tranny mount on the 5 speed.
74 and later Midgets had this hole so it does not hurt the structure of
the car. And I have had this hole in 2 Sprites now, they still are in
one piece.
As for pulling the engine ONLY from the 5 speed, it's a piece of cake.
I have done it at least once a year for 6 or 7 years now.
Neversieze those bolts at the bell housing so you can remove them easily
in the future.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ