FW: Fit problems

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net> FILETIME=[6C014790:01C441D1]
Subject: FW: Fit problems
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:55:18 -0500
I had a frustrating weekend trying to get things to fit (usually in
inaccessible places) on my Midget. The first was the lower gearbox mount
of the Rivergate 5-speed kit. The instructions have you attach the lower
mount after the box is in the car. This was a non trivial exercise even
after moving the engine as forwards as it would go. Does anyone know if
it is possible to remove/install the engine/gearbox with the lower mount
in place in the event (Heaven help me) that I need to take the engine
out again?  The next issue was that the gear-drive starter seemed to
only go in in one position that placed the main terminal rather close to
the oil-pan. Also the original clutch line mounting tab was perilously
close to the starter, (a plasma cutter fixed that :-) ).  The last job
was spending 2 hours trying to get the ^*^&^! radiator shroud bolted
into place.

Cheers,
Simon