Re: Retro Car Magazine & digging dogs

To: LottMJ1967@aol.com
Subject: Re: Retro Car Magazine & digging dogs
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 07:42:55 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, RBHouston@aol.com
On Wednesday 02 June 2004 01:43 am, LottMJ1967@aol.com wrote:

> On a totally unrelated subject, does anyone out there know how to keep a
> dog from digging?  Every summer I go through this, the dog gets super
> motivated to dig holes, damn near broke my ankle in one she dug a couple of
> days ago. Besides the digging, she's a great dog.  I don't live in the best
> neighborhood here in Los Angeles County, but I've had no problems with
> prowlers/burglars or the like with her guarding the yard.  Any suggestions?

If the digging is during the summer months only, maybe she is digging to make
a hole that will be used to keep cool.  IF perhaps she had a place that is
cooler than ambient she would stop digging.  Now I got an Irish Terrier that
is digging in an effort to get mice and moles.  Nothing in the world, short
of a gun will stop that.  And she is just a pup, but one hell of a prey
drive!

Bill Gilroy
77 MG Midget