Spits, Pops, and F$%ts

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Spits, Pops, and F$%ts
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 10:51:42 -0400
My '72 is running badly just 1 day after I reinstalled the Air Pump
for this month's state inspection. (I just mounted the pump and
belt, no air rail.)

Today it starts great, seems to idle ok, but not quite as steady as
I'm used to, but under acceleration, it spits, it pops, it produces
a small cloud out the tailpipe, it fa#ts out the tailpipe, then it
smooths out and off we go -- every time I start from a stop (or
even from a rolling stop). Once going, acceleration feels just a wee
unsteady, but it goes thru the gears and down the road quite
nicely. What izzit??

First thing I'm gonna do is remove the air pump - what might
I have done wrong?

Guess I ought to check points, plugs, timing, carb oil, etc.

What else???

chuck