Re: Ignition lock woes

To: ckotting@wideopenwest.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Ignition lock woes
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:17:15 EDT
ckotting@wideopenwest.com writes:

> Anyone know how to get the lock cylinder out of the steering column lock so
> can fish/poke/prod/fiddle the bit of key out?

Chris:

It's been a little while since I took the lock cylinder out, but as I recall
it is no big deal.  You have to loosen the steering column bolts and take off
the plastic cowl (3 screws and it comes apart.  Then there is a very small
screw underneath the steering column, under the key cylinder that holds it in
the
column.  Remove that screw and I think the lock will come out of the column
easily.  Other listers, am I missing anything?  I do remember it isn't a hard
thing to accomplish.

--David C.