Re: Ignition lock woes

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Ignition lock woes
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 18:37:00 -0700
Cc: ckotting@wideopenwest.com, spridgets@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net information
Yep, you are David. The '77 will have the column lock which requires
removing the "non-removable" screws. The heads either need to be
drilled and removed with an easy-out or have screw slots cut in them
with a Dremel. I don't remember that tumbler specifically, but
sometimes they can be removed with a pin like a paper clip and the
original key. This should be possible without removing the whole
business.

Gerard

At 9:17 PM -0400 6/2/04, DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
>In a message dated 6/2/04 9:33:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>ckotting@wideopenwest.com writes:
>

>>  Anyone know how to get the lock cylinder out of the steering column lock so
>>  can fish/poke/prod/fiddle the bit of key out?
>
>Chris:
>
>It's been a little while since I took the lock cylinder out, but as I recall
>it is no big deal.  You have to loosen the steering column bolts and take off
>the plastic cowl (3 screws and it comes apart.  Then there is a very small
>screw underneath the steering column, under the key cylinder that
>holds it in the
>column.  Remove that screw and I think the lock will come out of the column
>easily.  Other listers, am I missing anything?  I do remember it isn't a hard
>thing to accomplish.

--David C.