Not Made in USA (Despite Appearance) WAS:RE: Neighborhood Midget find

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Not Made in USA (Despite Appearance) WAS:RE: Neighborhood Midget find
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:30:45 EDT
Chip Mautz" <gacarnut@myway.com> wrote

<<<Then, I'm in Sanibel Island, Florida, on vacation, looking at hats made by
Panama Jack.  On the inside it says "Made with love and care in CHINA...".>>>

The one that got me last week was one I found at work. I manage a camera
store in downtown Chicago. A customer turned in a single-use camera for
processing. Very patriotic - labeled "Americamera". Stars and stripes and
American eagle
packaging stickers applied front and back. I didn't know whether to open it
up and take out the film, or salute it. Opening it up, the film cartridge was
labeled "Made in Japan". A closer look at the back revealed tiny, hard to read,
shadowed type that said "Camera made in China, Packaged in USA" Not sure
whether that means only that the stickers were applied stateside. No notation
as
to whether the stickers were printed in the US or came from overseas as well.
More appealing than solid red or hammers & sickles I suppose.

Kim Tonry
Downers Grove, IL, USA