Re: Progressing Projects with any abuse report

To: type79@ix.netcom.com, wsthompson@thicko.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Progressing Projects with any abuse report
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:05:40 -0400 (EDT)
<snip>
>Yes, Chuckles the Clown and I didn't much appreciate each other after that
>event. Soon after, I got the privilege to experience the dark side
>of the British car hobby up-close and personal. Most don't get to it
>underbelly exposed, even though they pay $40-$50 a year to support
>it.
>
>These internet mailing lists are a breath of fresh air for the hobby. No
>big cheeses with personal agendas clouding the atmosphere, no large annual
>fee to read about how "delegates" and "officers" are using their expense
>accounts.
>
>We're all the same.

This is exactly how I got kicked out of a Triumph club of which I once
belonged.  Had a guy, newsletter editor.  Loved to toot his own horn.  Show you
pics of his glory days of being involved in the heyday of racing at a venue
near here.  Loved to bitch and moan at monthly meetings about how hard it was
to find contributions and help for the monthly newsletter.

Me, being young and enthusiastic, and a hack amateur write, volunteer to help.
Offer go ignored.  Bitching and Moaning continues, every month.  Treasurer
resigns, I offer to become treasurer.  Bitching and moaning continue, offers of
help continue, ignoring continues.

I see the quality of the content of the newsletter, 99% of it was recycled from
the Internet and cut-n-pasted (literally) from other clubs newsletters from
across the country and pond...  and, I see the bills come in for reimbursment
for this flagrant cutting-n-pasting.  People were requesting my original stuff,
and printing them in THEIR newsletters, across the country!  Wow, must have
been good stuff - hehe.  'course, I'm biased.

So, being the general smartass that I am, I quit paying him.  And, was shortly
relieved of my position soon afterwards.  But not before I got to enjoy some
serious bitching and moaning!  ;-)

He's a bigwig on the board of the largest LBC gathering in Ga.  I got even, I
guess - told a coworker about it, he brought out his '73 Lime green Pantera,
parked it in the middle of the MISC area, put on a forsale sign, locked it, and
left for the day.  Haha, you should'a seen their faces.

Quit the club, got outta the politics...

Soon afterwards, I lost the passion for restoring my '71 Spit MKIV, and sold
it.  Lost passion for clubs, too.  Was going to form the AASSCA (Anti-Sports
Car Club of Atlanta).  Anyone was welcome.  Didn't even have to own a car -
bikes welcome.  Tricycles.  Pickups.  Backhoes.  Whatever.  I wasn't going to
discriminate.  You wanna meet for brewskies, fine.  You wanna organize a
Backhoe slalom - let's do it!  No politics, no dues, no bad attitudes!

Now I'm back, wiser (dumber?), w/ a '65 Healey.  And a new attitude!  And a 4yr
old, a 15mo old, a 9wk old puppy, a boat to repair, '88 bmw to keep on the road
(daily driver), canoe to repair (run over Memorial Day weekend!?!), house
projects, etc.

Shoot, anyone wanna buy a '65 project?  Haha, kidding - wife would kill me if I
sold it...

Chip - amateur at just about... everything...

Chip Mautz
Atlanta, GA

'65 Austin Healey Sprite - Too small
'88 BMW 528e - Just right
'03 Chevy Suburban - Too big

"There is nothing more permanent than a temporary fix." - heard on the
Spridgets Mailing List

No banners. No pop-ups. No kidding.