was, Progressing Projects, now club membership

To: "Chip Mautz" <gacarnut@myway.com>, <type79@ix.netcom.com>, <wsthompson@thicko.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: was, Progressing Projects, now club membership
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:34:58 -0400
well chip,i'm not very "enthusiastic" about clubs after being literally
thrown out of my old 55-57 chevy club wich i had been a member of since just
after it's being formed.   a new bylaw was voted in right around the time my
exwife got custody (and sold) of my prise winning 56 chevy.  i just could
not stand to see or hear about those cars atthat time i missed my 56 so darn
bad.  evry one i saw literally hurt to see!   so i just did not go to a
meeting for a little over a year.   got a personal invitation to come to a
meeting.   gotthere and found about 6-8 other old timers (some original
forming members!) gotthe same letter.  we were asked to leave the room and
they voted evry one of us out of the club for violating the bylaws new must
attend at least evry other meeting rule.    i traveled to shows carrying my
club banner from orlando to upstate new york to wisconson to misouri
attending national shows for years, bringing back trophy after trophy, club
displays and IMSCA indoor shows and charity shows locally.   and for my
enthusiastic participation, helping others, and hosting tech sessions in my
garage also writing rebuilding articles for both the newsletter and national
publication i (along with the others) was voted "unfit" due to not adhering
to the new bylaws.   and yes,i paid my dues on time!
so i'm a very bad person!  and they lost my support, extensive collection of
literature, and collection of NOS parts because i was not attending meetings
after my exwife left me.
now i see things a bit difrently .  i do not have a lot of free time to give
much to a club.   i would only "take" as i have too many conflicting
interests.    i have been invited to join a bunch of groups.   i'm
uncomfortable not being able to return something back to them .   so i
decline.
i only am a member of groups wich i "must" be a member of like the SCCA,
SVRA and AACA(i serve on their vintage race car certification board).

chuck.

>This is exactly how I got kicked out of a Triumph club of which I once
belonged.  Had a guy, newsletter editor.  Loved to toot his own horn.  Show
you pics of his glory days of being involved in the heyday of racing at a
venue near here.  Loved to bitch and moan at monthly meetings about how hard
it was to find contributions and help for the monthly newsletter.