Re: Vapor Lock??

To: Randy Trautman <trautman@nwlink.com>
Subject: Re: Vapor Lock??
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 23:05:30 -0400
Cc: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Randy Trautman wrote:

> I'm new to Midgets and am having a problem that resembles fuel
> starvation

The next time this happens, remove the gas cap. If you hear a rush of
air, it's a clogged (or rusted) gas cap vent.
For a quick fix, cut a slit in the rubber gasket on the cap.
If there is no rush of air, you may have water, sludge, mung, or who
knows what in the tank. It might be time to boil it out. This can be
done at home on the bar-b-que ;) I do it all the time.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ