Re: 40K Bugeye

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: 40K Bugeye
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 21:39:10 -0400
Cc: James Gruber <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>, Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Wait a minute here.
16k for a paint job?
Lets see.....
No way can you spend 1000 bucks on "paint and prep supplies"
So 15k for 3 months work. 5k a month.
I don't think someone worked 40 hours a week  for 3 months on this car.
If he did, he better find a new line of work.
I had a car professionally done, it took the guy 30 months, he did it
all and supplied it all, cost me 3500 bucks.
Was it worth it? Definately! But it was "over restored" for me, I was
affraid to use it for fear of a scratch. So now I do garage paint jobs
which look fine even close up and I don't worry about it.
I sold that Sprite very soon after I finished it.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ