Re: 40K Bugeye

To: "Frank Clarici" <spritenut@exit109.com>
Subject: Re: 40K Bugeye
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 00:39:02 -0500
Cc: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>, "James Gruber" <thistle_3619@yahoo.com>, "Spridgets Digest" <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
I became curious tonight and pulled out my PPG Jobbers book and guess what I
found out... PPG caries over 65 DIFFERENT lines of paint, 40 different lines
of Clear Coat.   Ranging from CHEAP to EXPENSIVE.  When reading the specs it
quickly becomes apperant which paints are good quality alternatives to the
really expensive ones, BUT it also becomes apperant which ones they carry to
satisfy a portion of the public that is stuck in the Earl Schieb $99.00
paint job years. (which BTW are most certainly dead).  Just about the same
differences between NASON brand automotive paint and Dupont Imron (which BTW
hasnt been available in its original formula for some time).  Night and day
differences.  Both cover up metal and bodywork, one last for years and has a
high lustre and the other lasts for 12 to 24 months and lacks qualities
which provide for a superior finish.  Kinda like the difference between a
new Jag and a Kia...Both go down the road but one does it with a lot more
class and satisfaction, style, and personal gratification.  So when
comparing prices on paint make sure apples are being compared to apples
<<<VBG>  Are you driving a Jag or a Kia..... Personaly, the best part about
Macco (sp?) is their painters.  They spray hundreds of cars in a lifetime so
they become really familar with distance, coverage, and paint flow
characteristics.  Howevr, even with all their experience they get screwed up
when spraying new types of paints as they become available.  Each flows
differently requiring different distances, speed, amount of material,
etc....

Non-LBC news...Guess what showed up on my doorstep a few days ago.... 1975
BMW R90/6 motorcyle.  Been parked for the last few years and lady wanted it
gone pronto..... price...????? a mere $50.00..... Now I am smiling and so is
my son..

Leo

Leo