Re: Pesky exhaust leak on my 1500 engine Jun 2004 15:14:11 -0400

To: john@ssrimusic.com (John Gottstein)
Subject: Re: Pesky exhaust leak on my 1500 engine Jun 2004 15:14:11 -0400
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:33:25 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net (spridgets)
John..

Spraying water in there (when it is
initially started cold) will help to find
your leak. Two bad manifolds can happen
of course, but maybe it's a gasket.

Assuming a minor exhaust leak, you still
have two problems.

The first is carbon monoxide poisoning which to some extent is no
problem assuming you are driving with the top
down...

The second is the heat from this 1200F+-
source into the engine compartment, where it's "pointing" at and what,
if
any damage it can cause to something
else under there, most
especially added to the heat of the catalytic converter under there (if
it's
still in there).

Watch the coolant gauge.

The carb issue is not related I guess.

European cars used a pair of SU's.
Why not give Ed a holler at
www.justbrits.com

I think he may be able to help you or at
least point you in the right direction in
this respect, if you are so interested in
this option.

Cap'n. Bob
     '60 :{)