Re: Re: Broken bracket for SPAX shock]

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Broken bracket for SPAX shock]
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2004 13:17:32 -0500
I do not know whether it applies on these Spax conversions, but I do know
that my MGB had a Monroe shock conversion on it which was incorrectly
installed by a DPO. How can you install it wrong? It turns out that there
was one kit for both chrome and rubber ride heights; the shock mount on the
bottom piece was not centered on the plate, so if you swapped sides you
could compensate for the additional length necessary for a rubber bumper
installation. The DPO of course had it backwards and it worked so much
better when I put them right.
David Lieb
1972 Blue