RE: sputterin car

To: "William Thompson" <Willy@thompsoncarpentry.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: sputterin car
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:45:54 -0400
Are your fuel line connections between the tank and pump tight?  I had the
same symptoms your describing after changing out a bad pump.  Finally
figured out that one of the connections between the tank and pump was loose.
It was letting the pump suck air into the line, and as such wouldn't push
enough fuel upstream to keep the second carb full.

Tad

From:William Thompson

My bug started sputterin the other day, I took the fuel line off and saw
that I had very LITTLE flow, so I just installed a new fuel pump.

I have great flow at the front carb, a little less at the rear. (is that
normal?)

Car is still sputterin

It runs real good for a bit, then it starts acting up again, then it
works, then it don't, very frustrating