Safety glasses and eyeballs

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Safety glasses and eyeballs
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 09:08:04 -0500
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:52:03 EDT
From RBHouston at aol.com
Subject: Re: [midgetsprite] Re: NO LBC ....US content only

Seriously, since I had the lasix surgery last year and regained my sight
(back to 20 20 from severly nearsighted and needing reading glasses) I have
newfound appreciation for my sight and now take much more precaucion when
sawing,
grinding, or working on anything that could flake or fly into my eyes.  I
now
have half a dozen safety glasses.

Lets be careful out there.

Robert Houston

In the last few years, I have also been more diligent in hanging glasses all
around the garage to keep them handy.  I started doing that after a friend
of mine in Miami, who happens to be a very successful graphic artist, got
ONE little piece of wire from a "wire wheel" spinning on the end of his
grinder into his eye.  He is now blind in that eye and for some time after
the accident there was concern that he might end up blind in both eyes.

How often have you switched on the wheel just to take a few seconds to clean
up the threads on that old bolt?

JohnD