Bugeye rear wheel studs

To: <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Bugeye rear wheel studs
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 17:11:19 -0400
Rainy day in southeast PA, just perfect for working on the BE.  I have a
broken lug bolt on a rear hub.

What's the procedure for removing the bolt from the hub?  I've read
everything I have and can find nothing on the subject.  I remember reading a
thread on upgrading to larger or stronger ones.  Is this necessary for a
street machine with 1275.  Only occassionly will it be running autocross.

I also looked in in the two popular(?) common parts catelogs and I see no
lug bolts.  Is this a part I can get at the local NAPA?

Well I'm on to brake parts removal.  Let's see what trouble I can get into
there.

Thanks for all you help.  The tips I received on rear hub removal were right
on the mark.  Came off just as described.

Phil Nase
Rainy Quakertown, PA