Re: fuel smell

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: fuel smell
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 15:16:10 -0500
I do not know what gas pumps are like by you. In a previous Midget I had a
problem with fuel smell and with the pump not shutting off automatically. It
turned out that both problems were caused by the hoses from the silver
cannister in the boot mentioned by Chris. They looked fine, but under the
metal braid the rubber was virtually non-existent. It is not difficult to
remove these hoses, dissect them with a cutoff wheel in the Dremel tool, and
use normal fuel line with hose clamps to create new hoses for these.
David Lieb
1972 RWA Midget