Re: Safety glasses and eyeballs NOW a bit longish

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Safety glasses and eyeballs NOW a bit longish
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2004 07:25:16 +0100
And just to add my comments-
I used to never bother with safety glasses. I hated wearing them because
they were "uncomfortable" and  I used the "turn your head away and squint"
method of eye protection.
NOT CLEVER - but I seemed to be getting away with it.

It then slowly dawned on me in my ageing brain that they were "not
comfortable" because I was simply unused to wearing them.  Nothing so much
to do with the safety goggles or glasses themselves, But everything to do
with habituation.
So, no gory story from me, but once I made the concious decision to wear
them at every sensible opportunity, they gradually become more comfortable
to use.  And I also find that as I wear them for longer periods they don't
seem to mist up so much either

Guy