Re: Sticky throttle

To: "'Spridgets'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Sticky throttle
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 23:39:44 +0100
On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 05:14:39PM -0500, Duncan Sinclair wrote:
> Antony,
>
> How does the carb throttle mechanism respond when there is no cable
> attached? Is it tight?

Not sure exactly what you mean by tight.  I remember when I was tuning
the carbs, it seemed to snap back pretty well.  I guess I could try
again at the weekend - just warm up the car, get back in the garage,
disconnect the cable and give the thing a few tweaks, see if I can
replicate the problem.  I am tempted to overhaul the carbs anyway -
they look untouched for the last 25 years...

> How are the throttle return springs?

I'll have a look.  I don't see how a spring could stick halfway through
it's travel, but it doesn't take long to look.

> Your heat may may due to friction more than anything else, I doubt the
> grounding problem but you never know with these things :)

Indeed.  :)

MG Midget 1979
http://www.antgel.co.uk/midget