weber electric/manual choke

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: weber electric/manual choke
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 15:33:31 EDT
My electric choke on my (used) DGV didn't seem to work right so I took it off
and hooked up a cable.  When my car started but didn't run right I noticed
that there was a vacuum passage going to what had been the choke mechanism
casting.  I blocked this and it ran better but not right.  It made me wonder,
looking at the choke and realizing it used vacuum, etc., whether maybe it was a
more complicated system than I thought and I shouldn't have taken it off?  Is
it
okay to convert a auto choke car like this to manual choke or did I commit a
sin?

Thanks

Mark M.