Ring Gear Blues

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Ring Gear Blues
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 14:43:34 EDT
Hi all

I have now reached the point of complete frustration.  I have a 60  bugeye
with a 61 948 engine in it.  Have any of you had a problem finding a  properly
sized ring gear for a 948 engine with a Ribbed case tranny?  I  have ordered 2
so far and both are to big for the flywheel.  One for a 948  through Victoria
British and one for a 1250 (someone said that was what I had to  use for a 948
with a ribbed case tranny) trhough Engel and both are two  big.  Where am I
screwing up? Any help or insight appreciated!!!

Regards
Dan