Re: Ring Gear Blues

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ring Gear Blues
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 10:32:33 -0500
> > Oh, and that oven/freezer stuff is all myth.

> Not a myth!  BBQ the ring for 15 min, freeze the flywheel overnight.
Worked
> like a charm for me, dropped right over perfectly.  Now seized tight  as
it
> should be.

Ah, Glen, you did not use an OVEN. I am perfectly willing to admit that the
oven/freezer stuff is a myth, but I agree with you on the bbq, because I did
it that way as well. I did not bother with the freezer aspect of it,
however, I just put the gear in the gas grill and eventually dropped it over
the ambient-temperature flywheel. Worked great for me, too. This was after
trying the oven/freezer, the propane torch, and various different classes
and languages of profanity as well as blood sacrifices (no virgins were
available).
David Lieb
1972 Blue