Re: Cigarette lighter wiring

To: Chris King <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Cigarette lighter wiring
Date: Mon, 02 Aug 2004 21:59:57 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Chris King wrote:

> Kind of a dumb question, but here goes. I have an aftermarket "power
> port" (lighter without the heating plug) that I'm going to put in the
> center console. Bentley wiring diagram says power in is purple, and
> gound is black (of course). My question is, on the standard lighter,
> which contact is the power in (+), the bottom center, or the side?

Center bottom is hot. BUT do put an inline fuse on that purple wire, it
is always hot. Wanna see what a suitcase holding a lighter in will do
when it can't pop out? Ask Russel about that at SS03, he had smoke
pouring out of the red Midget. He melted the plastic knob on the lighter!

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ

Check out the new British Cars Forum: