Re: Pushrod Clearance

To: David Riker <davriker@pacbell.net>
Subject: Re: Pushrod Clearance
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 00:05:35 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
David,
     The 1275 I just finished has tubular chromemoly pushrods for bushed
1.5 rockers.  The head was built by David Anton who said that the holes
had to be widened for anything other than stock solid pushrods.  I'm
guessing your heavy duty pushrods are larger in diameter than stock.  In
this case you must elongate or enlarge the thru hole for pushrod
clearance.  BTW- David also insisted I use ARP head stud hardware.
Mike MacLean
60 Sprite
56 BN2
02 FLSTS
00 F-150
94 Miata

David Riker wrote:

>I have encountered a problem in the assembly of my 1275.  I have Isky heavy
>duty pushrods, and they are marginally larger in diameter than the stock
>pushrods.  I have an aluminum head, and minispares roller rockers.  When I
>attempt to center the roller tips over the valves, the pushrods rub the
>sides of the passages through the head.  Do I need to enlarge the holes?  or
>is there something I'm missing here?  The roller rockers have the roller
>tips offset and appear to be in the correct order, as changing them around
>makes things worse.
>
>Thanks!
>
>David Riker
>davriker@pacbell.net
>http://home.pacbell.net/davriker/
>http://community.webshots.com/user/fool4mg
>

>PS, for those who advised on my previous engine question, I ended up getting
>new ARP rod bolts & nuts, new oil pump, & new ARP head studs.

Check out the new British Cars Forum: