Re: Interesting, but no LBC (now old fart content)

To: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Interesting, but no LBC (now old fart content)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 19:22:35 -0700 (PDT)
i remember hale - bop.  that stupid heavens gate cult offed themselves
when that came through.  I think i was a sophomore in high school.  I
remember that Green bay was doing really well that year because the
Green bay logo and heavens gate's website looked very similar.

that wasnt too long ago, i still have a newspaper clipping from that
comet.

--- Nory <nory@buffnet.net> wrote:

> I think we're mixing up our comets here.  I may be unclear about the
> name
> (actually, I think Bob is talking about Hale-Bop, because my niece,
> Haley,
> was born around that time, and we still call her Haley-Bop, after the
> comet).  Anyway, I think the comet Bob was referring to was the one
> that was
> visible in the night sky for weeks, and wasn't all that long ago.  I
> remember seeing it all the time on my way home from work when I
> worked 3 to
> 11.  That had to be sometime in the years between 1996 and 1998, SO
> unless
> you are now around 12 or 13 years old, it's not the same comet you
> studied
> in kindergarten.
> --
> -Nory
> NORYS LAWS:
> 1.  Just because you have found the problem, doesn't mean you've
> found the
> ONLY problem.
> 2.  Just because it's new doesn't mean it works right.
>
> From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
> Date: Sun, 8 Aug 2004 15:34:28 -0700 (PDT)
> To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
> Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Interesting, but no LBC (now old fart content)
>

> Not to depress you too much, but I think I remember
> that - it was comet Kahoutek.  I remember because we
> went to the Vanderbilt planetarium on Long Island to
> learn about it on a class trip....in Kindergarten.

=====
The Flashfire Webhosting Project.
www.TheFlashfire.net
quality webhosting since 1999.